RE: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head
Date: 2021-03-11 17:58:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > Our usual recommendation is to include postgres.h before all else; is
> > there a really good reason to be pulling in libxml headers before that?
> >
> > Having seen this, I now guess that your issue is happening because one
> > of those headers has already included <sys/stat.h> before win32_port.h
> > tries to do so. That makes our attempt to relabel the system's
> > "struct stat" as "struct microsoft_native_stat" not work.
> > In general, the portability hacks that postgres.h does for some
> > platforms aren't reliable if any system headers have already been pulled
in.

> > regards, tom lane
>
> I don't think there is a reason to include libxml first. Thanks for the
help. I'll
> revise those to see if it fixes the issue without messing with the
Postgres
> include files.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Thanks again Tom. That seemed to do the trick.

I was mistaken though that in the postgresql regress I do get a lot of
failures like failure on stats.

But many of these errors seemed to be the same as what is on the buildfarm

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=walleye&dt=2021-03-0
8%2021%3A35%3A41

My output looks like below. I also have some crashers on PostGIS upgrade
regress, but I need to recheck those on our debian bot to see if it's
PostgreSQL 14 or Mingw specific.

============== creating temporary instance ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
running on port 58080 with PID 328
============== creating database "regression" ==============
CREATE DATABASE
ALTER DATABASE
============== running regression test queries ==============
test tablespace ... ok 594 ms
parallel group (20 tests): name char int2 pg_lsn text float4 oid boolean
int4 money txid varchar int8 regproc bit uuid float8 enum numeric rangetypes
boolean ... ok 252 ms
char ... ok 203 ms
name ... ok 201 ms
varchar ... ok 266 ms
text ... ok 237 ms
int2 ... ok 228 ms
int4 ... ok 249 ms
int8 ... ok 258 ms
oid ... ok 236 ms
float4 ... ok 232 ms
float8 ... ok 301 ms
bit ... ok 280 ms
numeric ... ok 494 ms
txid ... ok 237 ms
uuid ... ok 285 ms
enum ... ok 290 ms
money ... ok 225 ms
rangetypes ... ok 520 ms
pg_lsn ... ok 191 ms
regproc ... ok 231 ms
parallel group (20 tests): point numerology time path line macaddr8 circle
date macaddr timetz lseg strings interval inet tstypes polygon box
multirangetypes timestamp timestamptz
strings ... ok 295 ms
numerology ... ok 221 ms
point ... ok 188 ms
lseg ... ok 286 ms
line ... ok 268 ms
box ... ok 419 ms
path ... ok 218 ms
polygon ... ok 399 ms
circle ... ok 273 ms
date ... ok 270 ms
time ... ok 208 ms
timetz ... ok 266 ms
timestamp ... ok 588 ms
timestamptz ... ok 617 ms
interval ... ok 267 ms
inet ... ok 273 ms
macaddr ... ok 252 ms
macaddr8 ... ok 250 ms
tstypes ... ok 267 ms
multirangetypes ... ok 408 ms
parallel group (10 tests): comments unicode expressions xid horology
misc_sanity geometry type_sanity regex opr_sanity
geometry ... ok 184 ms
horology ... ok 176 ms
regex ... ok 328 ms
type_sanity ... ok 191 ms
opr_sanity ... ok 413 ms
misc_sanity ... ok 173 ms
comments ... ok 100 ms
expressions ... ok 109 ms
unicode ... ok 98 ms
xid ... ok 132 ms
test create_function_1 ... ok 212 ms
test create_type ... ok 82 ms
test create_table ... ok 502 ms
test create_function_2 ... ok 71 ms
parallel group (5 tests): copydml insert insert_conflict copyselect copy
copy ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 222 ms
copyselect ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 220 ms
copydml ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 170 ms
insert ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 168 ms
insert_conflict ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 171 ms
parallel group (3 tests): create_operator create_misc create_procedure
create_misc ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 52 ms
create_operator ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 50 ms
create_procedure ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 55 ms
parallel group (5 tests): create_index create_view index_including_gist
create_index_spgist index_including
create_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 47 ms
create_index_spgist ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 64 ms
create_view ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 53 ms
index_including ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 62 ms
index_including_gist ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 50 ms
parallel group (16 tests): create_cast roleattributes hash_func errors
select drop_if_exists create_function_3 create_am create_aggregate
typed_table vacuum inherit updatable_views constraints triggers
infinite_recurse
create_aggregate ... ok 312 ms
create_function_3 ... ok 279 ms
create_cast ... ok 175 ms
constraints ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 364 ms
triggers ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 365 ms
select ... FAILED 241 ms
inherit ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 355 ms
typed_table ... ok 304 ms
vacuum ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 343 ms
drop_if_exists ... ok 246 ms
updatable_views ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 346 ms
roleattributes ... ok 174 ms
create_am ... FAILED 277 ms
hash_func ... ok 170 ms
errors ... ok 170 ms
infinite_recurse ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 350 ms
test sanity_check ... FAILED 442 ms
parallel group (20 tests): select_distinct_on select_implicit random case
select_having delete select_distinct namespace prepared_xacts select_into
hash_index union update join btree_index subselect transactions portals
aggregates arrays
select_into ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 416 ms
select_distinct ... ok 408 ms
select_distinct_on ... ok 175 ms
select_implicit ... ok 197 ms
select_having ... ok 340 ms
subselect ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 483 ms
union ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 426 ms
case ... ok 216 ms
join ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 421 ms
aggregates ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 477 ms
transactions ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 470 ms
random ... ok 205 ms
portals ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 467 ms
arrays ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 473 ms
btree_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 456 ms
hash_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 389 ms
update ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 396 ms
delete ... ok 302 ms
namespace ... ok 363 ms
prepared_xacts ... ok 366 ms
parallel group (20 tests): security_label drop_operator lock tablesample
init_privs password collate object_address matview replica_identity gin
spgist privileges generated identity gist rowsecurity brin join_hash
groupingsets
brin ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 578 ms
gin ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 575 ms
gist ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 574 ms
spgist ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 572 ms
privileges ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 568 ms
init_privs ... ok 442 ms
security_label ... ok 195 ms
collate ... ok 475 ms
matview ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 551 ms
lock ... ok 420 ms
replica_identity ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 553 ms
rowsecurity ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 551 ms
object_address ... ok 533 ms
tablesample ... ok 416 ms
groupingsets ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 542 ms
drop_operator ... ok 197 ms
password ... ok 409 ms
identity ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 531 ms
generated ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 527 ms
join_hash ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 527 ms
parallel group (14 tests): dbsize collate.icu.utf8 tidscan tsrf
tidrangescan tid async alter_operator alter_generic misc incremental_sort
create_table_like misc_functions sysviews
create_table_like ... ok 499 ms
alter_generic ... ok 287 ms
alter_operator ... ok 247 ms
misc ... FAILED 296 ms
async ... ok 229 ms
dbsize ... ok 137 ms
misc_functions ... FAILED 519 ms
sysviews ... ok 519 ms
tsrf ... ok 178 ms
tid ... ok 182 ms
tidscan ... ok 164 ms
tidrangescan ... ok 171 ms
collate.icu.utf8 ... ok 130 ms
incremental_sort ... FAILED 282 ms
parallel group (6 tests): collate.linux.utf8 amutils psql_crosstab psql
rules stats_ext
rules ... FAILED 549 ms
psql ... FAILED 467 ms
psql_crosstab ... ok 222 ms
amutils ... FAILED 207 ms
stats_ext ... FAILED 1181 ms
collate.linux.utf8 ... ok 189 ms
test select_parallel ... FAILED 1486 ms
test write_parallel ... ok 184 ms
test insert_parallel ... ok 1059 ms
parallel group (2 tests): subscription publication
publication ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 118 ms
subscription ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 114 ms
parallel group (17 tests): select_views dependency tsdicts foreign_key
tsearch foreign_data portals_p2 functional_deps bitmapops indirect_toast
combocid advisory_lock guc xmlmap window cluster equivclass
select_views ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 107 ms
portals_p2 ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 129 ms
foreign_key ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 126 ms
cluster ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 140 ms
dependency ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 108 ms
guc ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 127 ms
bitmapops ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 121 ms
combocid ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 118 ms
tsearch ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 111 ms
tsdicts ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 109 ms
foreign_data ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 108 ms
window ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 117 ms
xmlmap ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 110 ms
functional_deps ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 103 ms
advisory_lock ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 104 ms
indirect_toast ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 99 ms
equivclass ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 112 ms
parallel group (6 tests): json_encoding jsonpath_encoding json jsonpath
jsonb jsonb_jsonpath
json ... ok 193 ms
jsonb ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 281 ms
json_encoding ... ok 184 ms
jsonpath ... ok 206 ms
jsonpath_encoding ... ok 181 ms
jsonb_jsonpath ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 274 ms
parallel group (18 tests): conversion prepare limit plancache returning xml
sequence truncate rowtypes with polymorphism domain alter_table largeobject
copy2 temp rangefuncs plpgsql
plancache ... ok 411 ms
limit ... FAILED 305 ms
plpgsql ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 499 ms
copy2 ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 497 ms
temp ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 495 ms
domain ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 492 ms
rangefuncs ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 488 ms
prepare ... ok 211 ms
conversion ... ok 202 ms
truncate ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 477 ms
alter_table ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 477 ms
sequence ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 461 ms
polymorphism ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 464 ms
rowtypes ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 460 ms
returning ... ok 399 ms
largeobject ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 457 ms
with ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 447 ms
xml ... FAILED (test process exited with exit
code 2) 415 ms
parallel group (9 tests): hash_part partition_info reloptions explain
partition_aggregate indexing partition_join tuplesort partition_prune
partition_join ... ok 1331 ms
partition_prune ... FAILED 1591 ms
reloptions ... ok 308 ms
hash_part ... FAILED 247 ms
indexing ... ok 1166 ms
partition_aggregate ... ok 1053 ms
partition_info ... ok 284 ms
tuplesort ... ok 1371 ms
explain ... ok 300 ms
parallel group (2 tests): event_trigger oidjoins
event_trigger ... ok 206 ms
oidjoins ... ok 218 ms
test fast_default ... ok 262 ms
test stats ... FAILED 34525 ms