Problem with initdb failing

From: "Paul R(dot) Sand" <paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with initdb failing
Date: 2003-10-30 21:28:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I have the following problem:

I get the error : IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget . when I run initdb

I do have cygipc installed and have ipc-daemon running (verified via ps)

Incidentally, I had postgres working with cygwin late yesterday before
calling it a day. Is there something that maybe was not cleaned up when I
shut down? I have removed the files /tmp/cygipc*, /tmp/MultiFile* and
$PGDATA/postmaster.pid to try and get going. Nothing seems to work.

What could be I be doing wrong?

Paul R. Sand

mVerify Corporation

350 N. Orleans, Suite 950