libpq.so.3 compatability problem still there for 8.0.3 installs

From: "Gregory Zelesnik" <gzelesnik(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq.so.3 compatability problem still there for 8.0.3 installs
Date: 2005-07-27 16:42:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I'm trying to upgrade to postgreSQL 8.0.3-1 from 7.3.6-7. I'm having
the same compatibility problem with libpq.so.3 that others seem to be
having.
After searching the web, I noticed that the solution seemed to be to
download the compatibility package:
compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm and install this first..

I've downloaded it, and my attempt to install it produced the following
conflict:

error: Failed dependencies:
postgresql-libs < 8.0.2 conflicts with
compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG

Can anyone help me with with an alternative way to solve the
compatability problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Greg