Problem restoring large objects with pg_restore

From: "Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem restoring large objects with pg_restore
Date: 2003-08-01 15:18:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am running version 7.2.1 of postgres and I am trying to restore all
the large objects and associated tables from a backup I took 3 days ago.
I created a restore list using

pg_restore -l restore.file > restore.list

command. I then edited the restore list to only include those tables I
needed. Then I restored the tables and large objects using the

pg_restore -c -d database -U user -L restore list restore.file

Everything got restored, all the requested tables and all the large
objects. However, all the large objects were restored with a different
oids (some using oids of previous large objects), which made all the
references to these oids in the tables incorrect.

What did I do wrong?

Chris White