Problem with psqlODBC 07.02.0001and VB 6

From: "Eng Kern Shen" <kernshen(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)sg>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with psqlODBC 07.02.0001and VB 6
Date: 2002-08-08 11:44:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I've been using previous versions of the ODBC driver without any
problem, but after intalling the version 07.02.0001, I discovered a
serious problem with the following codes in VB6. Locking tables with
the codes below doesn't work.

cn.Execute "BEGIN"

cn.Execute "LOCK TABLE serialno IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE"

cn.Execute "COMMIT"

In VB debug mode, after executing the 2nd line, I carry out a 'SELECT'
on the 'serialno' table in another connection.
In previous version, the 'SELECT' would hold the 'SELECT' result until I
execute the 'COMMIT' line in my VB codes, meaning that the locking of
the table is successful. However, in version 07.02.0001, the 'SELECT'
on the 'serialno' table display the result even though it is supposed to
be lock in my VB codes. I've also realised that other transaction
comands "BEGIN", "ROLLBACK" and "COMMIT" doesn't works as well.

Great thanks to anyone who can explain what's happening. Bug or
feature, or I should change my codings.

Kern.