Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp

From: "Colin Mangiagalli" <colin(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp
Date: 2002-06-03 13:22:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi there

I am using postgresql 7.2.1 with cygwin under W2K. I have noticed that
when I start postmaster, current_timestamp
returns the correct time, but as time goes by, the value returned by
current_timestamp gets further and further
from the current system time.

Can someone please tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks
Colin