Vacuum and deadlock.

From: Sébastien HEITZMANN <2le(at)2le(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum and deadlock.
Date: 2001-09-05 14:11:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Since some week I have some trouble with my database. I use postgres v 7.1.2 on redhat 7.0

The trouble is that the database lock when in the night some user left an application open ( which do some read on some table) and the night process of backup and vacuum happend.
The database stay in a deadlock until I restart it manually on the morning.

At the moment I've told the users to stop their application but it's not really a solution.

Does someone have any idea ?

Thanks

Sébastien HEITZMANN
2LE - http://www.2le.net