Permissions Question - re-post

From: "Dan Wilson" <dan_wilson(at)geocities(dot)com>
To: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Permissions Question - re-post
Date: 1999-07-17 18:03:44
Lists: pgsql-general

This is a re-post because nobody ever responded. I'm wondering if this is
supposed to be the case, otherwise it might want to be added to the todo.

I'm having a problem understanding the table level permissions.

I created a dummy user for individuals to sample a product connecting to my
database.

The product lists all database and tables within each database, however the
dummy account does not have any kind of permissions within the databases
other than the sample db.

Why are they able to list all the relations within the other databases?
Shouldn't this information be considered off limits to a user without select
permissions on the database?

I, personally, would prefer it that way. Thus they cannot see the basic
structure of my "live" db's.

-Dan Wilson