(Caldera) OpenLinux 2.2 and PostgreSQL

From: Francis K Shim <fshim(at)cawthra(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: (Caldera) OpenLinux 2.2 and PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-01-15 17:23:45
Lists: pgsql-ports

I seemed to have solved my problems with compiling and running PostgreSQL
(v6.5.3, I believe) under the (Caldera) OpenLinux version 2.2.

What I did is to simply upgrade my development libraries to use the ones under
(Caldera) OpenLinux version 2.3. At first, I thought if I simply get all the
missing libraries from various smaller RPMs it would solve my problems, but
what happens is that there are so many dependencies within the various RPM
distributions of libraries (in particular, shared libraries, *.so) that all it
does is just increase the tedium of sorting out which library goes where and
with what; so I decided to simply search for the latest OpenLinux RPMs for
the missing libraries and found them in version 2.3.

I suspect that if you want to really be thorough, just upgrade from OpenLinux
2.2 to OL 2.3 and you will be fine.

I just thought I would share this with anyone subscribing to this list.

Regards,
Frank Shim
fshim(at)cawthra(dot)com