VB6 - convertion from Access database to PostgreSQL

From: "Jonathan Blitz" <jb(at)anykey(dot)co(dot)il>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VB6 - convertion from Access database to PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-01-29 07:44:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have been asked to take a VB6 application that use an Access database and
convert it to use PostgreSQL.

From what I can see the VB application connects using DAO and also JET/ADO!

Not sure why it has both

If I do convert it to PostgreSQL do I have the option of standard ADO access
or do I have to use DAO?

Also, what are the performance considerations?

May thanks

Jonathan Blitz