RE: [INTERFACES] PostODBC/MS ADO

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Byron Nikolaidis'" <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] PostODBC/MS ADO
Date: 1998-11-30 17:02:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

<SNIP>

Thats great, hopefully it will solve my problems.

> I felt the same way at first. But it is useful, because even
> in Windows, applications were
> writing all over each other's log files. If you sort by date
> in Explorer and do a refresh
> before you look at the log files, the latest one will be
> right at the top of the list. I
> don't know if that is useful to you or not.

Unfortunately, if I'm doing a long debugging session in the VB IDE, I quite
often find that during the session I've used things like pgAdmin and
dbManager (manages system parameters etc for our in house software) a couple
of times so the log for the session running in the debugger ends up in the
middle of the list somewhere as it's no longer the latest. This is mainly
because VB has the useful feature of being able to stop, start, debug AND
rewrite code whilst it is running which of course most other development
packages can't do :-(

I can see both sides to this argument and can live with it if it's a
problem...

Regards,

Dave.