RE: [GENERAL] vacuuming

From: "Rob den Boer" <rdboer(at)hrs-rotterdam(dot)nl>
To: "Brian" <signal(at)shreve(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] vacuuming
Date: 1998-07-01 12:31:20
Lists: pgsql-general

> I have read "pgsql" doesn't like this, but I actually have several
> databases that have granted permissions to root. Will it give an error if
> you vacuum as root?

When I installed pgsql I read that it was not advisable to use root, so
I have a admin user with full privileges on the database, and I 'su' to
that user.

Also, I push the compressed dumpfile onto another server, and this is easier
done as a normal user rather than root. Most machines (Linux) don't like
root ftp or rcp even when you have host equivelance.

regards
Rob den Boer