From: "Fabiana Prabhakar" <ffp206(at)Lehigh(dot)EDU>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2008-04-10 17:47:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

My name is Fabiana Prabhakar. I am a graduate student at Lehigh University.
I have been doing some research using PostgreSQL towards implementing a
cache conscious hash join algorithm.

I noticed that version 8.3 has a feature "L2 Cache Scan Protection" that is
described in the website as "New code optimizations prevent thrashing CPU
caches which slows concurrent queries".

It would be really helpful for me if I could have some more information
about this feature, especially if there is any publication that explains it
in details.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Fabiana Prabhakar

  • Re: none at 2008-04-10 22:02:52 from Gregory Stark