Re: BUG #2993: The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found ...

From: "Filippo Toso" <filippotoso(at)libero(dot)it>
To: "'Magnus Hagander'" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2993: The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found ...
Date: 2007-02-14 12:49:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Magnus,

> > The pgsql directory privileges are set to Everyone (Full Control).
>
> Hmm. Bummer. I really thought that was it. Can you check the full
> directory tree up to the root directory as well, to see if there's
> someplace else there where the user couldn't get in withotu admin/pu?

The directory structure is the following:

C:\pgsql\bin\initdb.exe
C:\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe

I have logged out and re-logged in as an user of Users group. As this user I
can create/edit/delete all the files and directories in all the folders and
subfolders of C:\pgsql\, I can start C:\pgsql\bin\initdb.exe and it works
perfectly. If I try to do the same as Administrator, it fails.

Sincerely,
Filippo Toso