varchar to text

From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: varchar to text
Date: 2005-10-02 09:37:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.

There are some columns in my tables that I should change from varchar to text, in order to have enough space for long textual commentaries.
Before I do that, I would like to know is there any restriction regarding text type in comparison to varchar type?
Especially concerning triggers and rules ?
Namely, I have triggers that perform audit trail of all my tables, so I'm concerned whether it will work for text type fields ?

One additional question is regarding my MS Access front-end. Would it be a problem for Access ?

Thanks in advance,

Zlatko