Re: Interest in database-based email?

From: "Chris Travers" <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: "Tino Wildenhain" <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Interest in database-based email?
Date: 2004-01-28 14:52:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tino;

I hadn't been aware of dbmail, and I will have to further check this out. I
started with tpop3d because I found it to be extensible (I can also write a
driver to authenticate against the HERMES database itself, if I so desire),
compact, and the code easy to read. It would, however, be nice to avoid
worrying about SMTP and IMAP servers as well, though.

One thing I noticed about DBMAIL was that it didn't seem to have many docs
on their site. Maybe I will have to download it and play with it though.
See how easy it would be to extend.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers