initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin

From: "Vipul Vij" <vipul(dot)vij(at)orange(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin
Date: 2003-08-30 17:32:34
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi list,

I have managed to install Cygwin version and Cygipc version 1.14-1 on my
Win XP Pro Box. Now, when I initialize the db using the command: "initdb
-W -D /cygdrive/d/apps/cygwin/usr/local/pgsql/data" this process goes on
forever. Believe me, I have been trying to fix this all day, with not
very much success :-(( I have already looked at similar postings on this
mailing list - but that hasn't solved the problem.

I would appreciate any help/advice.

Regards,

Vipul K. Vij
+44 (0) 7866 554266 (m)