XP Home problems

From: "Wim Kerkhoff" <wim(at)nyetwork(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: XP Home problems
Date: 2003-01-11 07:38:47
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Some people have been reporting problems with setting up PostgreSQL on
XP Home edition. While setting up an XP Home system as a min-server /
development station, I ran into lots of strange things. I ended up
giving up and switching to Windows 2000.

Here's a ZDNet article that covers some of the major differences between
XP Home and Professional. It seems like the networking and file security
model is quite different in Home, which is probably having side affects.

http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2820882,00.h
tml

My opinion of XP has gone down the tube...

Wim