From: "Peter Vanderploeg" <pvanderploeg(at)polarsec(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-10-10 16:19:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am having a problem with an ADO recordset where a date restriction is in
the where clause. I am desperate for a solution to this mystery. Here is
the code

dim rstPr as ADODB.recordset
dim UpLoaddate as date
dim acctID as integer

cnn = "ODBC;DATABASE=Sandbox;UID=Peter;PWD=;DSN=SQL server"
UpLoaddate = #10/9/2001#

Set rstPr = New ADODB.Recordset
rstPr.Open "select * from tblPrices where tblPrices.Pricedate = " &
UpLoaddate, cnn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

I get no records even though some exist. (UpLoaddate is a date variable in
VB and tblPrices is an SQL Server table.)

When I use the DAO object, i get the recordset I expect.

dim rsttest as DAO.recordset
dim UpLoaddate as date
dim acctID as integer
dim db as DAO.database

UpLoaddate = #10/9/2001#

Set db = OpenDatabase("d:\PolarTools\Sandbox.mdb")
set rsttest = db.openrecordset("select * from tblPrices where
tblPrices.Pricedate = #" & UpLoaddate & "#", dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)

In this case tblPrices is a link in access to the tblPrices table in SQL
Server. What's going on? I hope you could help me.

Perplexed
Peter Vanderploeg

  • Re: at 2001-10-16 02:42:50 from Hiroshi Inoue