Little Help is needed.

From: Hector M Banda <hector(at)imperial(dot)cc(dot)ca(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Little Help is needed.
Date: 1999-06-16 19:40:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all, this is my first message on this list and I'm trying to see if it's
possible te get some help from you guys.

I'm interested in using postgresql to connect from windows using VB 5.0.
with ADO and I'm not sure what I need to do this but I think I need the
following:

a) A driver to install under NT or W98, where can I get it?

b) The settings on the client side and also what do I need on the LINUX
server ( daemon, service,?????).

c) How reliable is this database?

d) How scalable it is?

e) How many users this database supports?

I've heard a lot of good thinks about LINUX and POSTGRESQL and I'm willing
to give it a shot to see if I can replace some databases that I have here on
my college. Thanks.

Hector M Banda
Senior Computer Programmer
Imperial Valley College
Phone: (760) 355-6105
Fax: (760) 355-6173
e-mail: hector(at)imperial(dot)cc(dot)ca(dot)us
hectormb(at)aol(dot)com