RE: [HACKERS] inlining

From: "Stupor Genius" <stuporg(at)erols(dot)com>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "David Gould" <dg(at)illustra(dot)com>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] inlining
Date: 1998-06-12 11:50:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Btw, I sure wish someone would comment on the S_LOCK analysis even if only
> to tell me not to make such long posts as it wastes bandwidth. Or
> was it just too long to read?

I read it all! Great analysis of the situation and not a waste, IMHO.

One comment...when you ran the tests in succession, could the cache be
responsible for the timing groupings in the same test? Should a
little program be run in between to "flush" the cache full of garbage
so each real run will miss? Seem to recall a little program, in CUJ,
I think, that set up a big array and then iterated over it to trash
the cache.

Darren aka stuporg(at)erols(dot)com