A working combination ....

From: Saeid(dot)Sadeghi(at)unilever(dot)com (Telephone VdB Foods Ltd)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A working combination ....
Date: 1998-07-16 12:14:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dear All,

I have been doing a close look at the worthwhile rdbms systems. The
one comming on top seems to be postgresql ( Without paying the large
price tags as you do for some ora??? , etc, etc ).

My platform is Solaris 2.5.1 ( Intel edition ) I tried to compile the
latest version and the tcl module did not play ball. I also had (still
have! ) problem compiling the JDBC driver. (Admittedly some people
tried to help out).

Has anyone got a version of postgresql+JDBC + TCL compiled for the
above platform?

The JDK I used was JDK1.1.5 which has now been upgraded to JDK1.1.6.

Many thanks,
Saeid.