could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

From: "Olli Aro" <olli_aro(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: could not map view of backend variables: error code 6
Date: 2010-11-15 23:22:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am trying to install Postgres on Windows 7 32 bits. I have tried both 8.4
and 9.0 installers but get the following error in the application log when
the service is trying to start:

could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

Any ideas what that error means and how to fix it? I get no other error
messages and postgres log is completely empty.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Olli