Version 2.0.0 of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++
Posted on 2022-04-13 by Dmitry Igrishin
Related Open Source
Pgfe (PostGres FrontEnd) - is an advanced and feature rich PostgreSQL driver written in C++. The development is focused on easiness and robustness of use with the performance in mind.
Pgfe can be downloaded from the Github page.
- fast and robust;
- can be used as either header-only, static or shared library;
- works with database connections in both blocking and non-blocking IO manner;
- supports prepared statements with both positional and named parameters;
- provides first-class support for calling functions and procedures;
- supports advanced features of PostgreSQL, such as pipeline, COPY and large objects;
- supports advanced error handling via exceptions and error conditions: provides enum entry for each predefined SQLSTATE;
- provides advanced support for the client/server data conversion: even multidimensional PostgreSQL arrays to/from any combinations of STL containers can be performed with easy;
- provides a support of dynamic construction of SQL queries;
- allows to separate SQL queries and C++ code on the client side;
- provides simple, robust and thread-safe connection pool;
- many other features for convenience and security.
- C++17 compiler (tested on GCC and MSVC);
- CMake 3.16+ (optionally, if build is required).