TCapture Replication Server 1.0 Beta
Posted on 2023-12-22 by TCapture
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of TCapture Replication Server 1.0 Beta
We are currently releasing a beta version for community testing.
TCapture is a bidirectional multi master replication server based on a 'capture and apply' asynchronous replica engine
- Transactional. SQL are captured transactionally, can be coupled with surrounding business logic.
- Efficient. It capture transactions for replication from Write-Ahead Logs (WAL) instead of using triggers, eliminating overhead on master databases and significantly reduces latency
- Flexible. No limits on the number of producers or consumers, but complexity increases
- Reliable. Transactions are stored in PostgreSQL database – this adds the benefit of write ahead logging and crash recovery.
- Transparent. No impact on the applications already running on that database, since both engine and 'store database' can run separate from production databases.
- Easy to use. Simple to set up and configure, is an effective tool for data replication between different Postgres versions
- Open Source. No licensing fees, but occasionally you'll have to get your hands dirty
To help you get started with TCapture, we have provided the following resources:
• Docs Page
• Source Code
See docs, html documentation https://tcapturesupport.github.io/
Links & Credits
Thank to the users who reported bugs .
• Download: https://github.com/lab-sb/tcrepsrv-dev/releases
• Bug tracker: https://github.com/lab-sb/tcrepsrv-dev/issues