pgsodium 2.0.0: Modern cryptography for PostgreSQL
Posted on 2022-01-10 by Michel Pelletier
pgsodium 2.0.0 is a postgres extension that uses the libsodium library to provide high-performance, modern cryptography support for PostgreSQL 10+.
2.0.0 includes a ton of new feature and a few bug-fixes:
- Support for XChaCha20-SIV deterministic nonce-free encryption
- Support for SignCryption Sign & Encrypt identity verification
- Key id support for HMACSHA 512/256, generichash, and shorthash
- Support for low level XChaCha20 streaming
- More tests, docs, and small bug fixes in argument parsing
- In-memory key now protected with sodium_malloc
Check it out at:
Please feel free to submit any issues you may have and as usual pull requests are greatly appreciated!