Pgpool-II 4.5.0 is now released.
Posted on 2023-12-12 by Pgpool Global Development Group
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.5.0.
This is the first stable release of Pgpool-II 4.5.x.
Pgpool-II is a tool to add useful features to PostgreSQL, including:
- connection pooling
- load balancing
- automatic fail over and more.
For more information, please see the website.
V4.5 contains new features and enhancements, including:
- Allow to use more kind of multiple statements in a query string.
- Allow to load balance PREPARE/EXECUTE/DEALLOCATE.
- Allow to set delay_threshold_by_time in milliseconds.
- Avoid session disconnection issue in failover/failback/backend error in some cases.
- Allow to route queries to a specific backend node for a specific user connection.
- Support multiple directories specification for pcp_socket_dir.
- Import PostgreSQL 16's SQL parser.
You can download it from here.
Please take a look at release notes.