Pgpool-II 4.3.0 is now released.
Posted on 2021-12-07 by Pgpool Global Development Group
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.3.0.
Pgpool-II is a tool to add useful features to PostgreSQL, including:
- connection pooling
- load balancing
- automatic fail over and more.
For more information, please see the website.
V4.3 contains new features and enhancements, including:
- A new membership mechanism is introduced to Watchdog to allow to keep quorum/VIP when some of watchdog nodes are removed.
- Allow to choose the least replication delay standby node when selecting the load balance node.
- Allow to specify the node id to be promoted in pcp_promote_node.
- Allow to configure to not trigger failover when PostgreSQL is shutdown by admin or killed by pg_terminate_backend.
- Add new fields to pcp_proc_info, SHOW POOL_PROCESSES and SHOW POOL_POOLS command to display more useful information to admin.
- Allow pcp_node_info to list all backend nodes information.
- Add new fields showing actual PostgreSQL status to SHOW POOL NODES command and friends.
- Add a new parameter which represents the recovery source hostname to recovery_1st_stage_command and recovery_2nd_stage_command.
- Add support for log time stamp with milliseconds.
- Import PostgreSQL 14's SQL parser.
- Support include directive in pgppol.conf file. You can have separate sub-config file to be included in pgpool.conf.
- pgpool.conf sample files are unified into single sample file for easier configuration.
- All configuration parameters in pgpool.conf sample file are commented out to clarify which parameter is needed to be changed.
You can download it from here.
Please take a look at release notes.