Pgpool-II 4.2 beta1 is now released.
Posted on 2020-10-28 by Pgpool Global Development Group
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.2 beta1.
This is not intended to be used in production but is close to the release version. So users are encouraged to test it out.
Pgpool-II is a tool to add useful features to PostgreSQL, including:
- connection pooling
- load balancing
- automatic fail over and more.
For more information, please see the website.
V4.2 contains new features and enhancements, including:
- Some items in the configuration file pgpool.conf are vastly enhanced for
easier configuration and administration.
- Implement logging_collector for easier log management.
- Implement log_disconnections to collect disconnection logs.
- Implement pg_enc and pg_md5 to allow to register multiple passwords at once.
- Allow to show statistics of health check by using SHOW POOL_HEALTH_CHECK_STATS command, and also allow to show statistics of issued SQL by using SHOW POOL_BACKEND_STATS command.
- New PCP command pcp_reload_config is added.
- Now it is possible to omit write_function_list and read_only_function_list by looking at system catalog information.
- Add new clustering mode snapshot_isolation_mode which guarantees not only data modifications to multiple PostgreSQL but read consistency.
- Support LDAP authentication between clients and Pgpool-II.
- Add ssl_crl_file and ssl_passphrase_command to SSL configuration.
- Import PostgreSQL 13's SQL parser.
You can download it from here
Please take a look at release notes