Pgpool-II 4.1.0 is now officially released.
Posted on 2019-10-31 by Pgpool Global Development Group
What is Pgpool-II?
Pgpool-II is a tool to add useful features to PostgreSQL, including:
- connection pooling
- load balancing
- automatic fail over and more.
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability
of Pgpool-II 4.1.0.
Pgpool-II 4.1.0 has new features:
- Statement level load balancing.
- Auto failback.
- Enhance performance in number of areas.
- Shared relation cache allows to reuse relation cache among sessions to reduce internal queries against PostgreSQL system catalogs.
- Have separate SQL parser for DML statements to eliminate unnecessary parsing effort.
- Load balancing control for specific queries.
- Reduce Internal Queries against System Catalogs.
- Import PostgreSQL 12 SQL parser.
Please take a look at release notes.
You can download the source code and RPMs.