pgAdmin 4 v8.1 Released
Posted on 2023-12-15 by pgAdmin Development Team
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 8.1. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 21 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Add support for generating ERD for a schema.
- Add support for creating a function with a custom return type.
- Fixed several accessibility-related issues for enhanced usability.
- Ensure that indexes created by constraints are visible in the object explorer when "Show system objects" is enabled.
- Provide a way to bypass the SSL cert verification for the OAuth2 provider.
- Fixed an issue where reading process logs throws an error when DATA_DIR is moved to a networked drive.
- Remove the 'Close Window' submenu specifically for OSX to prevent unintended closure of the entire application.
- Fixed an issue where syntax error was not highlighted in the query tool.
- Reverse engineer serial columns when generating ERD for database/table.
- Fixed an issue where the Schema was not visible in the dropdown for table properties or when creating a new table.
- Ensure that the correct timezone is set for Docker deployments.
- Fixed an issue where all rows and filter rows buttons of the object explorer toolbar were disabled for views and other supported nodes.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.