pgAdmin 4 v8.0 Released
Posted on 2023-11-23 by pgAdmin Development Team
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 8.0. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 29 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
This is a new major version of pgAdmin 4. In this upgraded version, we've incorporated updates to essential components such as Flask, Werkzeug, and various other modules. Notably, the default installation path for Windows operating systems has changed, and the version folder has been eliminated. Consequently, users are advised to perform a manual uninstallation of the previous version for a seamless transition to the new release.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Replace the current layout library wcDocker with ReactJS based rc-dock.
- Changes in the context menu on panel tabs - Add close, close all and close others menu items.
- Allow closing all the tabs, including SQL and Properties.
- Have close buttons on individual panel tabs instead of common.
- Upgrade Flask, Werkzeug and other modules depends on the latest version of Flask.
- Add DROP SQL for foreign keys in SQL generated by ERD when using WITH DROP option.
- Fixed an issue where psql was not taking the role used to connect in server properties.
- Fixed an issue where Geometry Viewer renders geometry incorrectly after trying to view 3D or non-4326 SRID geometry.
- Fix an issue where the default server-group is being deleted if the load-server json file contains no servers.
- Fixed an issue where Schema Diff does not work when the user language is set to any language other than English in Preferences.
- Fix an issue where OAUTH_ADDITIONAL_CLAIMS does not recognise AzureAD with > 150 groups.
- Fix an issue where import/export data is not working for shared servers.
- Fix a crash issue occurring when debugging a function with arguments when using pgAdmin with external config database.
- Fixed an issue where the change server password is not working in desktop mode.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.