pgAdmin 4 v7.2 Released
Posted on 2023-06-02 by pgAdmin Development Team
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 7.2. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 24 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
From this release onwards pgAdmin 4 will now use the operating system's password store to save the server passwords in desktop mode instead of using Master Password.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Add Option to only show active connections on Dashboard.
- Allow pgAdmin to retrieve master password from external script/program.
- Add an option to hide/show empty object collection nodes.
- Added support to use standard OS secret store to save server/ssh tunnel passwords instead of master password in pgAdmin desktop mode.
- Implement new PostgreSQL 15 features in publication dialog and SQL.
- Fixed an issue where Foreign Key columns are shown in the wrong order in SQL and Properties.
- Ensure that a new row should be added on top in the User Management dialog.
- Fixed an issue where REVOKE ALL DDL in table SQL was added only for one role.
- Tools menu should be toggled for "pause replay of wal" and "resume replay of wal".
- Make the 'Connect to server' dialog a modal dialog.
- Fixed an issue where PSQL tool prompts for password if using password exec command.
- Fix circular reference error for the multirange data types in the query tool.
- Fix an issue in the register server when setting the role, an arbitrary SQL query can be fired.
- View SQL tab not quoting column comments.
- VarChar Field Sizes are missing from Query's Grid header.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.