pgAdmin 4 v7.0 Released
Posted on 2023-04-15 by pgAdmin Development Team
Related Open Source
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 7.0. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 43 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
To upgrade on RHEL 8, Rocky Linux 8, Fedora 36, and Fedora 37 users have to manually remove the “python3-mod_wsgi” package. While removing the “python3-mod_wsgi” package, it removes all the dependencies, and pgadmin 4 is one of the dependencies.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Auto expand row edit form when a new row is added for Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique Constraint, and Exclusion Constraint.
- Added support for mounting shared storage in server mode.
- Add a note on top of keyboard shortcut preferences to show the Accesskey of the browser.
- Added capability to deploy PostgreSQL servers on Google Cloud.
- Added support of BigAnimal v3 API.
- On pressing Ctrl+C on a tree object, copy the fully qualified name to the clipboard.
- Added option to create unique constraint with nulls not distinct.
- Upgrade from psycopg2 to psycopg3, Update SQLAlchemy, Flask, Flask-SQLAlchemy, and other packages to current versions, and Remove Bootstrap and jQuery usage.
- Fixed the LDAP authentication issue for the simultaneous login attempts.(CVE-2023-1907).
- Show appropriate error message when master password is not set instead of 'Crypt key missing'.
- Ensure that the user's storage directory is created when the users are created, as well as for those users whose directories have not yet been created.
- Fixed an issue where migration on an external database is not working.
- Fixed CSV export from Query Tool results does not include all columns for multiple CTEs.
- Fixed 'rawunicodeescape' codec can't decode issue in an SQL_ASCII database.
- Use fetch instead of Axios to close connections in SQLEditor, ERD, Schema Diff, and Debugger to ensure it completes.
- Ensure that when pasting rows the rows are added right below the selected rows for copying.
- Fix the dependents SQL of Roles which is throwing a type casting error on PostgreSQL 15.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.