pgAdmin 4 v6.17 Released
Posted on 2022-12-04 by pgAdmin Development Team
Related Open Source
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 6.17. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 10 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
Please note that this release includes a security update to ensure only authorized and authenticated users can validate binary paths when using pgAdmin running in server mode. Users running pgAdmin in server mode should upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
This issue does not affect users running in desktop mode.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Ensure that only authorized and authenticated users can validate binary paths (CVE-2022-4223).
- Update the BigAnimal API version to V2.
- Remove all traces of Backbone and Underscore.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong schema is displayed for a foreign key in the schema diff tool.
- Ensure that the query history date format in Desktop mode matches the format of the locale of the pgadmin server.
- Fixed an issue where the CSV file would not download if the CSV quote character length exceeded 1.
- Ensure that DATA_DIR dependent folders/files are automatically created inside the specified DATA_DIR if they are not specified separately in the configuration file.
- Fixed an issue where the editor position was wrong when editing data from the result grid.
- Ensure the query tool is launched successfully for the servers registered with the PostgreSQL service.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.