pgAdmin 4 v5.7 Released
Posted on 2021-09-20 by pgAdmin Development Team
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 5.7. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 26 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
Notable changes in this release include:
Added support for the truncate table with restart identity.
Added database and server information on the Maintenance process watcher dialog.
Allow the referenced table to be the same as the local table in one to many relationship for ERD Tool.
Make closing tabs to be smarter by focusing on the appropriate tab when the user closed a tab.
Set PSQLRC and PSQL_HISTORY env vars to apt. user storage path in the server mode.
- Fixed blank screen issue on windows and also made changes to use NWjs manifest for remembering window size.
- Ensure that trigger function SQL should have 'create or replace function' instead of 'create function' only.
- Fixed the export image issue where relation lines are over the nodes.
- Fixed width limitation issue in PSQL tool window.
- Fixed an issue where columns with sequences get altered unnecessarily with a schema diff tool.
- Ensure that the lock panel should not be blocked for larger records.
- Fixed an issue where whitespace in function bodies was not applied while generating the script using Schema Diff.
- Introduced the OAUTH2_SCOPE variable for the Oauth2 scope configuration.
- Enables pgAdmin to retrieve user permissions in case of nested roles, which helps to terminate the session for AWS RDS.
- Ensure that pgAdmin should not fail at login due to a special character in the hostname.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the tarball area.