pg_probackup 2.4.15 has been released
Posted on 2021-05-06 by Postgres Professional
- Incremental backup now detects timeline switch automatically, using the replication protocol TIMELINE_HISTORY command. Proposed by Alex Ignatov
--no-sync flags are now usable in merge or retention merge operations.
- Fix integer overflow of variable storing the offset of page header map. Reported by @sms1222
- Fix broken backward compatibility for backups of versions 2.0.22, 2.0.24 and 2.0.25. Affected version: 2.4.10. Reported by @shab2
- Do not delete invalid full backups within retention redundancy range. Reported by @triwada
- Correctly handle backups with empty backup.control. Reported by Mikhail Grigorev
- Empty WAL .history files are now handled correctly. Reported by Denis Podolsky
- Do no report meaningless timestamp when deleting backup without valid "recovery-time" attribute. Reported by Roman Zharkov
- Detect failure in WAL streaming correctly and report it as soon as possible. Reported by Yuri Kurenkov
- Do sync and rename when writing to configuration file pg_probackup.conf
- More robust parsing of tablespace_map content. Reported by Vasiliy Puchkov
pg_probackup is a utility to manage backup and recovery of PostgreSQL database cluster. It is designed to perform periodic full and incremental page-level backups of the PostgreSQL instance that enable you to restore the server in case of a failure.