pg_probackup 2.4.10 has been released
Posted on 2021-02-15 by Postgres Professional
- The remote agent API is now stable across the same minor version starting with 2.4.9, which makes pg_probackup installations more robust towards version drift. Requested by Alex Ignatov.
- It is now possible to restore and validate a backup from a read-only filesystem. Requested by Mikhail Kulagin.
- Backup shared locks are now released at the process exit.
- Due to false-positive CRC match it was possible to erroneously reuse pg_filenode.map file during incremental restore, which could break pg_catalog relations relying on pg_filenode.map for filenode mapping if they were subject to VACUUM FULL or REINDEX operations before backup. This is fixed now.
- Race condition between reader and writer in acquiring the backup exclusive lock is removed.
- File descriptor leak in the backup shared lock is fixed.
pg_probackup is a utility to manage backup and recovery of PostgreSQL database cluster. It is designed to perform periodic full and incremental page-level backups of the PostgreSQL instance that enable you to restore the server in case of a failure.