pg_dbms_job v1.1.0 has been released
Posted on 2021-09-01 by MigOps
August 28, 2021
PostgreSQL DBMS_JOB compatibility extension
pg_dbms_job is a PostgreSQL extension to create, manage and use Oracle-style
DBMS_JOB scheduled job. The use and behavior is just like with the DBMS_JOB Oracle
pg_dbms_job v1.1.0 has been released, this is a maintenance release to fix some possible wrong behaviors, give control over other ones and improve the documentation.
- Add configuration directive job_queue_processes to control the limit of jobs that can be run at the same time.
- Fix insertion failure in job history table when PQSTATUS returned contains single quote.
- Fix possible case where asynchronous jobs can be executed twice if they are not removed fast enough from the queue.
- Fix regression test to use latest SQL version of the extension.
- Add limitations on pg_dbms_job use and especially about the NOTIFY queue size limits. Thanks to Julien Rouhaud for the report.
- Add missing information on how to stop or reload configuration of the scheduler.
- Add information that unlike with cron-like scheduler, when the scheduler starts it executes all active jobs with a next date in the past.
- Add information that jobs are executed with the role that has submitted the job and with the search path was used at job creation time.
To upgrade installed pg_dbms_job version 1.0.1 execute:
ALTER EXTENSION pg_dbms_job UPDATE;
after installing the new version using:
make && sudo make install
Links & Credits
pg_dbms_job is an open project under the PostgreSQL license created by Gilles Darold at MigOps Inc
as part of the improvement of Ora2Pg. Any contribution to build a better tool is welcome. You can
send your ideas, features requests or patches using the GitHub tools.
The pg_dbms_job extension is an original work of MigOps Inc, MigOPs is specialized in migration to PostgreSQL and PostgreSQL support. If you need more information please contact us
Documentation at https://github.com/MigOpsRepos/pg_dbms_job#readme