Parquet S3 FDW 0.2.1 released
Posted on 2022-01-02 by Toshiba
We have just released version 0.2.1 of the Foreign Data Wrapper for Parquet file on Amazon S3.
This release can work with PostgreSQL 13 and 14.
This release improves following item (from 0.1):
- Support get version feature
- Support multi version test
- Support keep connection control and connection cache information
- Merge parquet_fdw changes (- Feb 22)
The FDW supports following features :
- Support SELECT of parquet file on local file system or Amazon S3
- Support MinIO access instead of Amazon S3.
- Allow control over whether foreign servers keep connections open after transaction completion. This is controlled by keep_connections and defaults to on.
- Support parquet_s3_fdw function parquet_s3_fdw_get_connections() to report open foreign server connections.
- Support to create a foreign table for multiple files in a directory by specifying a directory path.
This is developed by Toshiba Software Engineering & Technology Center.
Please see the repository for details.
Source repository : https://github.com/pgspider/parquet_s3_fdw