Ora2Pg v21.1 released
Posted on 2021-04-02 by Gilles Darold
Related Open Source
Grenoble, France - April 1st, 2021
Version 21.1 of Ora2Pg, a free and reliable tool used to migrate an
Oracle database to PostgreSQL, has been officially released and is
publicly available for download.
This release fix several issues reported during the last six months
and adds several new features and improvement.
- Now that Orafce 3.15.0 has a definition for the REGEXP_* functions
makes the translation optional to USE_ORAFCE directive.
- Add set application name in connection to Oracle/MySql/PostgreSQL.
- Add translation of REGEXP_COUNT() and change assessment cost.
- Rewrite the way REGEXP_LIKE() is translated into regexp_match to
support modifiers. This rewrite also fix default behavior between
Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Replace DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH() by PostgreSQL octet_length() function.
- Add types correspondences for VARCHAR2 and NVARCHAR2 in DATA_TYPE
- Add autodetection and support of geometry type, srid and dimension
for ArcGis geometries.
- Add conversion of default value in function parameters.
- Add -u | --unit option to ora2pg_scanner to be able to set the
migration cost unit value globally.
- Replace DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR() by SUBSTR()
- Remove TO_CLOB() it is useless, manual cast could be necessary.
- Replace IS JSON validation clause in CHECK constraints by
(CASE WHEN $1::json IS NULL THEN true ELSE true END)
When the code is invalid an error is fired.
- DISTINCT and UNIQUE are synonym on Oracle.
Backward compatibility changes:
- Force a column to be bigint if this is an identity column. Thanks
to MigOps.com for the patch.
- Fix EMPTY_LOB_NULL, enable/disable was inverted, keeping default
to enabled. Take care that in old ora2pg.conf it is disabled so it
will break backward compatibility with old configuration.
- Replace NO_LOB_LOCATOR with USE_LOB_LOCATOR and NO_BLOB_EXPORT
with ENABLE_BLOB_EXPORT to avoid confusion with double negative
variable. Backward compatibility is preserved with a warning.
- SRID for SDO_GEOMETRY export is now taken from the value not forced
from the metadata table.
For a complete list of change see https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/blob/master/changelog
Thanks to all contributors, they are all cited in the changelog file.
Links & Credits
I would like to thank all users who submitted patches and users
who reported bugs and feature requests, they are all cited
the ChangeLog file.
Ora2Pg is an open project. Any contribution to build a better tool is
welcome. You just have to send your ideas, features requests or patches
using the GitHub tools or directly to email@example.com.
- Website: [https://www.ora2pg.com/](https://www.ora2pg.com/)
- Download1: [https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/releases](https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/releases)
- Download2: [https://sourceforge.net/projects/ora2pg/](https://sourceforge.net/projects/ora2pg/)
- Development: [https://github.com/darold/ora2pg](https://github.com/darold/ora2pg)
- Changelog: [https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/blob/master/changelog](https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/blob/master/changelog)
- Documentation: [https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/blob/master/README](https://github.com/darold/ora2pg/blob/master/README)
Ora2Pg is an easy and reliable tool to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
It is developed since 2001 and can export most of the Oracle objects into
PostgreSQL compatible code.
Ora2Pg works on any platform and is available under the GPL v3 licence.
Docs, Download & Support at http://www.ora2pg.com/