OmniDB 2.8 Available - Now with Support for 3rd Generation Postgres-BDR
Posted on 2018-05-17 by 2ndQuadrant, an EDB Company
Oxford, United Kingdom — May 17, 2018
2ndQuadrant announced today the release of OmniDB 2.8. OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, browser-based database management tool. OmniDB 2.8 allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
This new release presents important performance improvements: OmniDB is capable of connecting and identifying main structures such as tables, keys, indexes, and constraints in an impressive response time averaging less than 0.1 seconds.
OmniDB 2.8 introduces the following new features:
- Support for BDR 3.0. OmniDB now manages BDR groups, allowing the user to view/add/remove nodes from groups and perform all tasks in every node.
- Connection to any database via SSH tunnels. When connecting to a remote database through the Internet, SSH tunnels provide improved security to the database connection.
This release presents improvements including:
- Backslash commands supporting PostgreSQL 10 partitioned tables and partitions.
- DDL for PostgreSQL 10 partitioned tables and partitions.
- Tree view shows PostgreSQL 10 partitioned tables and partitions with different icons.
- Improvements to the OmniDB app window container.
The bug fixes included in this release are:
- Fixed displaying table data in treeview when using MySQL 5.7.
- Fixed column autocomplete when using MySQL and MariaDB.
- Fixed JSON and JSONB editing.
For a complete list of updates, read the OmniDB change tracker here.
OmniDB 2.8 is available for download here and installation instructions are available here.
For more information, please email info@2ndQuadrant.com