InfluxDB fdw 1.0.0 released
Posted on 2021-05-26 by Toshiba
Related Open Source
We have just released version 1.0.0 of the Foreign Data Wrapper for InfluxDB.
This release can work with PostgreSQL 9.6, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
This release supports following features :
- Support INSERT/DELETE features
- Support add more functions to pushdown
- Support LIMIT OFFSET clause pushdown
- Support pushdown scalar operator ANY/ALL (ARRAY)
- Refactored tests
The FDW supports following features :
- InfluxDB FDW supports pushed down some aggregate functions: count, stddev, sum, max, min.
- InfluxDB FDW supports INSERT, DELETE statements.
- time and time_text column can used for INSERT, DELETE statements.
- time column can express timestamp with precision down to microseconds.
- time_text column can express timestamp with precision down to nanoseconds.
- WHERE clauses including timestamp, interval and now() functions are pushed down.
- LIMIT...OFFSET clauses are pushed down when there is LIMIT clause only or both LIMIT and OFFSET.
- UPDATE is not supported.
- WITH CHECK OPTION constraints is not supported. Following limitations originate from data model and query language of InfluxDB.
- Result sets have different number of rows depending on specified target list. For example, SELECT field1 FROM t1 and SELECT field2 FROM t1 returns different number of rows if the number of points with field1 and field2 are different in InfluxDB database.
- Timestamp precision may be lost because timestamp resolution of PostgreSQL is microseconds while that of InfluxDB is nanoseconds.
- Conditions like WHERE time + interval '1 day' < now() do not work. Please use WHERE time < now() - interval '1 day'.
This is developed by Toshiba Software Engineering & Technology Center.
Please see the repository for details.
Source repository : https://github.com/pgspider/influxdb_fdw