Human vs. OtterTune AI PostgreSQL tuning contest. $10,000 cash prize
Posted on 2022-07-22 by OtterTune, Inc.
The Relational Riverside Rumble will pit one of the world’s best PostgreSQL DBAs against OtterTune’s AI-powered PostgreSQL tuning algorithms, originally developed at Carnegie Mellon University.
We will award somebody $10,000 (USD) in cash if they can make an Amazon RDS PostgreSQL database run better than OtterTune from tuning knobs. If OtterTune wins, we will still give the DBA $4,000 for their time and make a $6,000 donation to the International Otter Survival Fund in their name.
- Submission Deadline: July 31, 2022
- Competitor Selection: September 1, 2022
- Competition: December 2022
There are two ways you can get involved:
- Call for competitors - Compete for the $10,000 prize. You can be from anywhere; we're looking for a very experienced competitor.
- Call for databases - have an Amazon RDS PostgreSQL database you'd like to see the competitors optimize?
Learn more or participate.