Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open
Posted on 2021-12-15 by Microsoft Azure
Call for Proposals
Citus Con: An Event for Postgres is free, virtual, and global developer event happening Apr 12-13, 2022. You might even call it a distributed event. No travel is involved. And yes, there is a code of conduct. To make things easy for speakers, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and in English. The CFP is now open: come join us to share what you can do with the world's most advanced open source database—from the nerdy to the sublime.
Live Sessions & On-Demand Videos
There will be 3-hour livestreams in 3 different geographies (Americas, APAC, EMEA). We're looking for talks from Citus open source users, Azure database customers, Postgres and Citus experts from Microsoft, and Postgres community members.
On-demand talks will be pre-recorded in March and published on the Microsoft Developer YouTube channel on April 12th.
- Dec 07, 2021: CFP opens
- Feb 06, 2022: CFP closes
- Feb 15, 2022: Speakers notified
- Mar 01, 2022: Schedule & sessions announced
- Mar 2022: Video recordings for on-demand talks
- Apr 12-13, 2022: Event happens!
Key things to know
Even more information on the Citus Con CFP page
- Format: 3-hour livestreams in different geos: Americas, EMEA, and APAC + on-demand sessions
- CFP closes: February 6, 2022
- Length: 25 mins / talk
- Virtual & free: no travel (or funding) required
- Video recording & production: All you need is a good mic & a decent webcam. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Speaker resources: in our Speaker FAQ
- Submit your proposal: on Sessionize
We’re looking for talks about using Postgres on Azure, and Citus on Azure—as well as talks about using Postgres and/or Citus open source—plus talks that will introduce attendees to some of the latest innovations they might not yet know about. Here are some examples, not an exhaustive list:
- How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
- Citus open source user stories
- Scaling out Postgres with Hyperscale (Citus)
- How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg_cron, HLL, t-digest, pg_auto_failover, postgres_fdw, & so many more
- New innovations in Postgres
- Postgres community
- Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
- Data modeling and SQL best practices
- Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus—from single-node to a distributed cluster
- Migrating to Postgres on Azure
- Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
- Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)
Other useful links