check_pgbackrest 2.0 has been released
Posted on 2021-02-10 by Stefan Fercot
Mons, Belgium, February 10th, 2021
check_pgbackrest is designed to monitor pgBackRest
backups from Nagios, relying on the status information given by the
It allows to monitor the backups retention and the consistency of the archived
Changes in check_pgbackrest 2.0
- Only support pgBackRest 2.32 and above in order to only use its internal
commands. This remove Perl dependencies no-longer needed to reach repository
hosts or S3 compatible object stores.
This also brings Azure compatible object stores support.
repo-* arguments have then been deprecated.
- Support non-gz compressed files in the archives check (Magnus Hagander).
- Fix the
ignore-archived-* features when using pgBackRest internal commands
ignore-archived-* features to skip WAL consistency check for backups
involving ignored archives.
- Skip unneeded boundary WAL check on TL switch (reported by sebastienruiz).
- The retention service will now check that at least the backup directory exists,
not only trusting the pgBackRest info command output (suggested by Michael Banck).
Links & Credits
This is an open project, licensed under the PostgreSQL license.
Any contribution to improve it is welcome.
- Download: https://github.com/pgstef/check_pgbackrest/releases
- Support: https://github.com/pgstef/check_pgbackrest/issues