Call for Proposals is open for Citus Con: An Event for Postgres 2023!
Posted on 2022-11-26 by Microsoft Azure
The CFP is now open & will close on Feb 5, 2023!
The 2nd annual Citus Con: An Event for Postgres will happen Apr 18-19, 2023 and the Call for Speakers is now open, until Feb 5, 2023! We can’t wait to see your talk proposals about what you do with the world's most advanced open source database.
Citus Con: An Event for Postgres is a free and virtual developer event organized by the Postgres & Citus database teams at Microsoft and no travel is involved. Of course there’s a code of conduct too. To make things easy for speakers, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and must be in English.
Live Sessions & On-Demand Videos
There will be 2 unique livestreams + on-demand talks too. We’d love to consider your talk proposal(s) about Postgres and/or Citus—whether you’re a first-time speaker or a regular at conferences. We're looking for talks from Citus open source users, Azure database customers, & Postgres and Citus experts from Microsoft, and Postgres community members.
On-demand talks will be pre-recorded and published online on April 18th.
- Nov 17, 2022: CFP opens
- Feb 05, 2023: CFP closes
- Feb 15, 2023: Speakers notified
- Mar 01, 2023: Schedule & sessions announced
- Mar 13-17 & 20, 2023: Video recordings for on-demand talks
- Apr 18-19, 2023: Event happens!
Key things to know
Even more information on the Citus Con CFP page
- Format: 3-hour livestreams in different geos: Americas and EMEA + on-demand sessions
- CFP closes: February 5, 2023
- Length: 25 mins / talk
- Virtual & free: no travel (or funding) required
- Video recording & production: All you need is a good mic & a decent webcam. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Speaker resources: on our CFP page
- Submit your proposal: on Sessionize
We’re looking for talks about using Postgres on Azure, and Citus on Azure—as well as talks about using Postgres and/or Citus open source—plus talks that will introduce attendees to some of the latest innovations they might not yet know about. Here are some examples, not an exhaustive list:
- How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
- Citus open source user stories
- New innovations in Postgres 15
- Scaling out Postgres with Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL, formerly Hyperscale (Citus)
- Postgres community
- Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
- Data modeling and SQL best practices
- How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg_cron, HLL, t-digest, postgres_fdw, & so many more
- Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL—especially Flexible Server
- Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus—from single-node to a distributed cluster
- Migrating to Postgres on Azure
- Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
- Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)
- Azure ecosystem integrations with Postgres
- Running SaaS applications built with Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, or .NET—and running on Postgres
- Using Postgres with Python and Django applications
Other useful links