Announcing the Release of pglogical 2.2
Posted on 2018-03-20 by 2ndQuadrant Ltd
Oxford, United Kingdom - March 20, 2018
2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of pglogical 2.2, the next generation in logical replication for PostgreSQL. Implemented entirely as a PostgreSQL extension, pglogical is a logical replication system that serves as a highly efficient method of replicating data as an alternative to physical replication.
This release presents important enhancements and bug fixes including:
- Fixed a race condition that could cause table synchronization to fail.
- pglogical.alter_ subscription_synchronize() now removes synchronization info about orphaned tables.
- Recreate replication slot on retry after table synchronization failure, which should improve table synchronization recovery after intermittent errors.
- Report process identification based on log_line _prefix settings, making it easier to obtain pglogical messages from the server logs.
- pglogical_create _subscriber no longer generates errors when run multiple times on the same provider.
- Handle epoll_ctl failures cleanly to avoid internal error messages.
- Improved memory management.
pglogical is supported by 2ndQuadrant, your diligent team of PostgreSQL experts.
Download and installation instructions are available here.
For more information, please send an email to info@2ndQuadrant.com