SQL Manager for PostgreSQL v. 3.8 released
Posted on 2006-12-21
EMS Database Management Solutions is pleased to announce new version of PostgreSQL Manager. You can download the newest version from the download page.
What's new in PostgreSQL Manager 3.8?
- SQL Script.
- Ability to execute selected statements and statement under cursor added.
- Ability to execute the statements like COPY FROM STDIN
- The notices returned by server when executing statements are now displayed at the message list.
- The scheme set via the ‘SET search_path’ operator is now taken in consideration when forming the object name to be displayed at the Explorer.
- Error list was not cleared when loading a file.
- Grant Manager. The ability to set the grants with grant option added.
- Extract Database.
- Now it’s possible to extract data as a set of COPY statements.
- Comparing with the previous version of the tool, extract process now takes less time.
- The ‘Dollar-quoted function body’ option is now applied to the function definitions created by Extract Database wizard.
- SSH Tunneling.
- Support of authentication by key.
- The ability to establish connection for several hosts/databases at the same time is added.
- Function Debugger.
- Dollar-quoted strings support implemented.
- SELECT INTO statements are now supported.
- Variables list: affected rows and result oid added.
- Fixed the bug with incorrect work of a function containing variables like table_name.column_name%TYPE
- When executing the ‘Continue’ operator the syntax error used to occur. Fixed now.
- The RAISE NOTICE command terminated function execution. Fixed now.
- Data Grid.
- Filter applied for date type fields worked incorrectly if a date format type other then MDY was used in system settings. Fixed now.
- On attempt to apply any filter with the SQL filter and ‘Select only *’ records limitation used the data were displayed incorrectly. Fixed now.
- Mouse-wheel scrolling for the Form View is implemented.
- Dependency Tree.
- With the Show subobjects option enabled the dependencies were displayed not quite correctly. Fixed now.
- Objects icons were not printed.
- Server Configuration, Parameter List tab. The ‘Parameter Group’ column added which allows to display the parameters in groups.
- Visual Options. The 'Menus show recently used commands first' option added.
- Editor Options. The ability to set default colors added.
- Environment Options, DB Explorer tab. The 'Refresh object on showing in SQL Assistant' option is added.
- DB Explorer. A newly-created object was not listed in the ‘Recent Objects’ drop-down menu.
- Data Import. When importing from DBF format the default values for the boolean type were False and True (instead of required F and T), so it was necessary to change them for proper ones while processing the data. Fixed now.
- Environment Options, Windows tab. The ‘Number of open editors is restricted’ option didn’t work. Fixed now.
- Environment Options, Preferences. The ‘Save desktop on disconnect’ option didn’t apply to rules, indices, triggers and reports.
- Log Viewer. On attempt to open a local PostgreSQL server log the IO error 32 error raised and the current log did not open. Fixed now.
- Other small improvements and bugfixes.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.