EMS SQL Manager 2005 for PostgreSQL ver.3.5 released!
Posted on 2006-04-17
SQL Manager for PostgreSQL works with any PostgreSQL versions up to 8.0 and supports all of the latest PostgreSQL features including tablespaces, argument names in functions, and so on. It offers plenty of powerful tools for experienced users such as Visual Database Designer, Visual Query Builder, and powerful BLOB editor to satisfy all their needs. SQL Manager for PostgreSQL has a new state-of-the-art graphical user interface with well-described wizard system, so clear in use that even a newbie will not be confused with it.
What's new in SQL Manager 2005 for PostgreSQL version 3.5?
- Ability to view and edit Server Configuration
- SQL Editor. Key Mapping is implemented to set the shortcuts for various commands/operations according to your needs.
- Query Builder. Query execution plan is now displayed as a graphical diagram.
- Dependency Tree. The diagram can now be printed.
- Function, Domain, Sequence, Aggregate editors, Table Properties. Now it's possible to change scheme for an object if using PostgreSQL Server 8.1
- Function Editor. Ability to edit function parameters if there are no objects dependent on this function.
- Aggregate Editor.
- Now you are able to edit aggregates.
- Parameter type of an aggregate that does not examine its input values used to be shown incorrectly. Fixed now.
- It was unable to change object's name in Edit User/Edit Group form. Fixed now.
- SQL Editor.
- Next Bookmark, Previous Bookmark context menu items added.
- With 'Trim trailing spaces' option on, an attempt to use Code Complete used to clear all the line. Fixed now.
- SQL Formatter now correctly works with TYPE CAST operation.
- Dragging the field names from SQL Assistant works perfectly now.
- SQL Editor. Abillity to execute statement under cursor added.
- Import Data Wizard.
- Now with the 'Commit changes manually' option switched on at the end of import you will be prompted for an action with transaction.
- Ability to resize wizard's window added.
- Grid. In Lite version of the product Grid Mode could not be changed. Fixed now.
- Extract Database. Server version is included into comments for the script now.
- HTML Report. Ability to change header/footer of the report added.
- SQL Script. Abort executing script confirmation added.
- Many other improvements and bugfixes.
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.